Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My insane quest to be healthy and fit

I have tried many diets, fads, exercise programs, and "lifestyle changes".  None have worked consistently and long-term.  I am overweight (per my doctor) and not very healthy overall.  I don't feel like I have a strong support system in the area of health and my self-control/will is not helping either.  I know all of this is my own doing.  I haven't tried hard enough to eat healhty, work out or find a long-lasting support system. 

I am tired of failure.  I'm tired of always feeling tired and not being able to keep up with most folks my own age.  I'm tired of continually having to purchase new clothes because I outgrow the old ones.  I think by about age 18 I was supposed to stop growing.  My body didn't get the memo.  I used to be able to whatever and as much as I wanted.  I could be a potato chip chomping couch potato and still fit into an itty bitty bikini.  Thankfully I no longer have an interest to show off a bikini, but I have a whole wardrobe of slimmer clothes just taunting me. 

I want to be a better steward for God.  I want to be a better example and witness for my Lord.  Spending money constantly on new clothes is not doing this.  Even though I normally buy the bulk of my clothing at thrift stores, it is still a waste.  It is not necessary.  I have the power through Jesus Christ to change my body.  I also do not have the right to preach to anyone else about the importance of heatlh until I have mine in check. 

I am ready for that check.  I have recently researched a new diet style called Alkaline.  Acids are making me fat.  Rather an unbalance of acids/alkaline.  Last Friday 4/9, I embarked on a rather extreme venture to make my slim dreams come true.  I read a book for weeks on this Alkaline diet, purchased almost all the products (I could find/afford), and now I'm in the midst of it.  I'm over half-way thru so I guess you could say I'm commited.

Day 5 out of 7 is my current status.  I'm supposed to be on a 7-day cleanse.  Only allowed to drink green juice, healing soup (minimally) and supplements.  Chromium has helped my hunger pains somewhat.  The green drink gags you after a couple days.  The healing soup was not very satisfying or appetising.  I've done better than I thought I would.  I've had quite a bit of pain with hunger pain, cramps, bowel issues, dizziness, weakness, etc...   But I've plowed through somehow.  Keeping myself distracted has been the biggest aid in all this.  Do not let myself realize I'm hungry and that I'm not eating solid foods. 

Yesterday I weighed myself and I had lost 7.7 pounds.  Amazing in that short amount of time!  At least I think so.  I normally can't lose that in one month.  I'll probably weigh myself tomorrow morning.  On Friday, I'm supposed to start introducing more solid foods into my diet and I can't wait.  The few brief times I have cheated this week have been heavenly.  And my cheats have only included:  fresh green beans/asparagus, half a veggie burger, few rolls of veggie sushi, & celery with mixed up avocado/salsa.  I think that covers it all.  I'm still in shock reading that list.  Nothing included sugar.  Now that's a flat our miracle. 

I look forward to seeing how the next 2 1/2 days go.  Today I am faced with the challenge of eating with a friend.  Thankfully she has chosen a salad bar but it still has things that do not need to be anywhere near my plate.  God be with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.