Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My 2nd favorite day of the week

Wednesday is my 2nd favorite day of the week for two reasons.  1)  It's a church night.  2)  It's half-way to the weekend.  I often say Happy Wonderful Wednesday to people and you should see their reactions.  People probably think I'm crazy but I don't care.  I take all the things to look forward to that I can find. 

Today I went to lunch with a friend that I haven't seen in over 3 mths.  "K" was laid off from my where I work.  She was a dear friend to me and I had worked with her for over a year, maybe almost 2.  We had a very nice chat.  I need to pray for her more.  She is a single lady raising a grand-baby and now she's unemployed.  Maybe I'll talk more about her later.

I started a new diet pill today.  I'm not going to say what kind yet.  I look forward to posting results.  The gal that recommended them said she had amazing results.  She lost 55lbs in a year and she's off the pills now after 18 mths and has still kept the weight off.  I have taken diet pills in the past but always over-the-counter.  I have resorted to prescrition diet pills for many reasons:  1)  I hope they are healthier  2)  Can not find enough time to exercise or the energy to do so  3)  Can not seem to control my appetite or keep myself on a consistent healthy foods diet.  Those are the top reasons, I'm sure I could think of many more.

I'm having trouble staying focused on work today.  Not sure why, I have plenty to do.  Since quite a few people have been laid off at my place of employement, I now work 2 different departments.  I also juggle 10-15 projects at a time and it gets really confusing at times and hard to keep up with.  I must add that I'm very grateful for this job.  I just need to find a way to enjoy it more.  I will probably work late today and go straight to church. 

The only bad thing about church on Wednesday night is that they don't start utnil 7pm and then I have to rush out of there (hopefully by 8) to get home and get ready for bed.  If i'm not in bed by 9 or before I'm normally tired the next day and then I'm tempted to have caffeine.  I wish there was a way they could start earlier.  The group my husband and son goes to starts at 6:15.  But I know that isn't realistic for most working folks.  I have been tempted to join their group but I just don't think it's the right fit.  And i'm learning so much at my new church.  We are currently studying "Righteousness by Faith".  I've never heard such a message and i'm soaking it up.  Wish I had more time to study.  I'm reading ahead in the book though and can't wait to hear the next lesson.  The teacher on Wednesday night is very good and he knows so much history about the church and the Bible.  He is very inspiring.  I'm curious how he finds time for it all though. 

Things I'm disappointed with today:
Eating eggs and dairy on my salad at lunch (so not necessary, but so yummy)
Not waking up early enough / especially not getting to work early to make up time
Not drinking enough water or moving around enough during the day

Things I'm proud of today:
Listening to the Bible on CD in my car
Reading several chapters of the Bible at work
Not snacking between breakfast - lunch - dinner (miracle!)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.